Monday, August 9, 2010

Week 7:

Dear all

Let me admit that this week was quite rough, and I just did necessary reading for the assignments on the weekend. My root canal got infected and I had been really unwell. In addition there was heavy rain in Karachi so I couldn't go to the dentist earlier. Any way, I managed to create a one computer class lesson and read interesting posts on nicenet. I couldn't read blogs this week. Howvere I would like to thank Deborah for sorting out the peer review matter and it woudl be really nice to work with Victor and Liliyah two very active contributors. I really look forward to taking their opinion on my project.

I feel that the website of the week for me was the 101 activities for the one-computer class. I haven't had the time to explore this in depth but the links to more sites that it gives will be helpful to me and my students.

In order to comment on 'LCA' I came across 'Taking the Bull by its Horns', and article by Prof. Zakia Sarwar. http://www.learnerautonomy.org/zakiapart1.pdf basically its her interview but on page 10 of this PDF file she shares some activities with reference to LCA. I know Prof. Sarwar personally and she has been my mentor for 6 years now. I wanted to share this link earlier on nicenet but somehow couldn't. Some of you might find it interesting and useful.

For now I gotta rush, will talk to you all later.

Cheers!

Saulat

1 comment:

  1. Dear Saulat,

    Thanks for sharing this site with us! The article looks interesting and from reading the subtitles I can see that the writer presents practical ideas for how to encourage students be autonomous which can especially help us in large classes… I will read the whole article later.

    Best wishes,
    Khuloud.

    ReplyDelete